Please note the following three items:
1. Senior excursions are funded through a Community Development Block Grant that requires that all participants be age 55 or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. All senior and community trips depart from Parking Lot A (formerly known as the Park N' Ride Lot) which is located at 20983 La Puente Rd. in Walnut (near the corner of La Puente and Gartel).
3. The following rating scale has been implemented to help you select the trip that is right for you:
- Easy: Generally only light walking.
- Moderate: Some walking necessary. Should be able to stand and/or walk for a longer period of time without assistance.
- Active: Better physical condition is necessary. Lots of walking included.
Fall 2013 Senior Excursions:
Registration begins Monday, August 19, 2013 for Walnut residents and Monday, August 26, 2013 for all others.
Click Here to register for these trips online!
Cirque du Soleil -TOTEM -MODERATE
Join us for Cirque du Soleil - TOTEM in the Grand Chapiteau at the Great Park in Irvine. TOTEM traces the fascinating journey of the human species from its original amphibian state to its ultimate desire to fly. The characters evolve on a stage evoking a giant turtle, the symbol of origin for many ancient civilizations. Inspired by many founding myths, TOTEM illustrates, through visual and acrobatic language, the evolutionary progress of species. Somewhere between science and legend TOTEM explores the ties that bind Man to other species, his dreams and his infinite potential. Lunch is on your own.
Photo Policy: On occasion, staff or independent photographers of the Community Services Department may take photographs or videos of participants in our programs, parks, and special events. Please be aware that these are for the department's use in future brochures, pamphlets or for local public access. If you object to having photos of you or your family used for future publication, you should notify the photographer at the time the photo is taken.