Please note the following three items:
1. Senior excursions are funded through a Community Development Block Grant that requires that all participants be age 55 or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. All senior and community trips depart from Parking Lot A (formerly known as the Park N' Ride Lot) which is located at 20983 La Puente Rd. in Walnut (near the corner of La Puente and Gartel).
3. The following rating scale has been implemented to help you select the trip that is right for you:
- Easy: Generally only light walking.
- Moderate: Some walking necessary. Should be able to stand and/or walk for a longer period of time without assistance.
- Active: Better physical condition is necessary. Lots of walking included.
Winter 2015 Senior Excursions:
Registration begins Monday, December 15, 2014 for Walnut residents and Monday, December 22, 2014 for all others.
Click here to preview these trips online!
L.A. County Museum of Art & Lunch
For 49 years the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) has been devoted to collecting works of art that span both history and geography, in addition to representing Los Angeles's uniquely diverse population. Today LACMA is the largest art museum in the western United States, with a collection that includes over 120,000 objects dating from antiquity to the present, encompassing the geographic world and nearly the entire history of art. Join us for a day of art and culture. Lunch is included.
9:30AM to 3:30PM
Last Man Standing Live Taping (w/early Dinner)
Tim Allen returns for a fourth season as “Mike Baxter” in Last Man Standing, a show about everything that families are dealing with today – all filtered through the blunt “man’s man” comedy of an iconic American dad. We will be traveling to CBS Studio Center in Studio City for the taping of the show. You will need to have a valid ID and go through a metal detector. No cell phones, video cameras or any recording devices of any kind will be allowed in the studios. An early dinner at Dupar’s is included.
2:00PM to 11:00PM
Photo Policy: On occasion, staff or independent photographers of the Community Services Department may take photographs or videos of participants in our programs, parks, and special events. Please be aware that these are for the department's use in future brochures, pamphlets or for local public access. If you object to having photos of you or your family used for future publication, you should notify the photographer at the time the photo is taken.