Please note the following three items:
1. Senior excursions are funded through a Community Development Block Grant that requires that all participants be age 55 or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. All senior and community trips depart from Parking Lot A (formerly known as the Park N' Ride Lot) which is located at 20983 La Puente Rd. in Walnut (near the corner of La Puente and Gartel).
3. The following rating scale has been implemented to help you select the trip that is right for you:
- Easy: Generally only light walking.
- Moderate: Some walking necessary. Should be able to stand and/or walk for a longer period of time without assistance.
- Active: Better physical condition is necessary. Lots of walking included.
Spring 2016 Senior Excursions:
Registration is now OPEN. Click here to preview these trips online!
Upcoming Spring - 2016 Trips:
Sat., June 11, 2016: Festival of the Arts San Diego - Active
Summer 2016 Senior Excursions:
Resident Registration begins on Monday, May 16, 2016
Non-Resident Registration begins on Monday, May 23, 2016
Upcoming Summer - 2016 Trips:
Mon., June 20, 2016: Monrovia Canyon Hike Walnut Walkers - ACTIVE
Sat., July 2, 2016: Hollywood Bowl Fireworks Spectacular Chicago and the L.A. Phil-MODERATE/ACTIVE
Tue., August 9, 2016: Discovering Big Bear - EASY
Tue., August 23, 2016: The Santa Barbara Experience - EASY/MODERATE
Sat., September 4, 2016: Ventura & Channel Islands Escape - EASY
Click here for a detailed flyer of Senior Excursions (Attached).
Amtrak Getaway June 13 - 17, 2016
$693.00 per person (Double Occupancy Rate); $892.00 per person (Single Occupancy Rate)
Yellowstone National Park/Mount Rushmore Memorial July 6 July 13, 2016
$1,833.00 per person (Double Occupancy Rate); $2,336.00 per person (Single Occupancy Rate)
Mammoth Lakes August 12 14, 2016
$351.50 per person (Double Occupancy Rate); $455.50 per person (Single Occupancy Rate)
Sedona, Arizona's Verde Canyon Train October 14 - 17, 2016
$484.50 per person (Double Occupancy Rate); $598.50 per person (Single Occupancy Rate)
Christmas in New York City December 5 - 9, 2016
$1,862.00 per person (Double Occupancy Rate); $2,365.00 per person (Single Occupancy Rate)
For more information, please contact Robert Watanabe at the Walnut Senior Center 909-598-6200.
*** The Extended Excursions are provided by Travel Time Tours.
Photo Policy: On occasion, staff or independent photographers of the Community Services Department may take photographs or videos of participants in our programs, parks, and special events. Please be aware that these are for the department's use in future brochures, pamphlets or for local public access. If you object to having photos of you or your family used for future publication, you should notify the photographer at the time the photo is taken.